Wednesday 29 February 2012

My Studio


This is my dream for a beading studio - finally reaching the reality stage back in October 2011.

What began as a couple of beading classes in 2007, then more private tuition, making specifically wedding jewellery for New Zealand Brides, and countless hours of thumbing through favourite beading magazine, somehow morphed into my own little studio/shop and ME teaching the beading classes.

Who would have thought ha - I know my Mum didn't. She still thinks it's hillarious that I am doing this crafting lark at all. You see my Mum, elder sister and myself are all Aquarian's. Aquarian's are supposed to be crafty - someone just forgot to tell me growing up - I just wasn't interested. (unless you call admin, accounting and sports crafty) Both my sister and mother are very much into their crafty things. My sister can sew, paint, cross stitch and has always been in to these. My Mum is a member of the Floral Art Society in New Zealand and her creations are phenominal. Obviously my Crafty streak came to me later in life. I was 36 when I started beading and look where I am now at 41. Beading is my passion and addiction, and my chance to relax and destress when time calls for it. My deductions are that January Aquarians who are on the cusp of Capricorn (Me) are just not as crafty as February ones (My Mum and Sister)

Anyway, take a look inside my studio and see where my love of bead weaving and embroidery has taken me thus far.




Click Here to take you to my website to buy beads etc 

4 comments:

  1. Diana this is my dream studio - I love everything about it. My studio is one half of our garage and of course looks like a garage/workshop. I would love to have a brightly painted and very well organised "Me" space. I must come and visit you one day when I am out your way - actually I will put it on my "to do" list for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana Houkamau - Serendipity Beads (NZ)29 February 2012 at 18:57

      Thanks Bobbie, yes I am so lucky that my husband does what he does for a living so he could do this for me. Still have to work hard and sell lots to pay for it though, but I am going to have a load of fun trying. We had the space on our front lawn and we would never have used it for anything else as we have loads of room out back too. Would love for you to come and visit one day when you have time. You will have to make sure you bring some of your goodies to show me when you do. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the lime green Di. It's beautiful. Been so nice seeing your progression. You and Craig have done a great job. Look forward to seeing you progress even further! So proud of you LH xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LH - the Lime Green really is my favourite colour. It is such a great space to be in and the colour always gets people talking. Always appreciate your unwavering support after all these years. x

      Delete